- Posted by 4Science
- On Friday February 23rd, 2018
- 0 Comments
The proposal for an implementation, aimed at increasing the interoperability features supported by the most broadly used platforms in the open science ecosystem for Literature Repositories, Data Repositories, Journals platforms and CRIS/RIMS, such as DSpace, Dataverse, OJS and DSpace-CRIS, has been selected for funding, under the OpenAIRE call for services, launched last December.
The tender by 4Science focuses on two main topics:
– implementation and customization of new protocols;
– implementation of OpenAIRE metadata guidelines and OpenAIRE-APIs interaction.
In particular, 4Science will implement:
– the Signposting patterns in OJS;
– the ResourceSync framework in DSpace;
– the OpenAIRE Guidelines for Data repositories in Dataverse and DSpace-CRIS;
– the OpenAIRE project API in DSpace-CRIS.
The new protocols to implement were selected, following the recent recommendations released by COAR and detailed in the report: “Behaviours and Technical Recommendations of the COAR Next Generation Repositories Working Group, 28th November 2017”.
This award acknowledges the long-term conversation between OpenAIRE and the 4Science team, engaged in the open science community since 2003.