- Posted by 4Science
- On Tuesday May 21st, 2019
- 0 Comments
The first preview release of DSpace 7 is now available for download, testing, and feedback. Demo sites are also available for a preview of DSpace 7 features.
DSpace 7 brings to DSpace a single, modern user interface and REST API and integrates current technological standards and best practices, combining existing core backend of DSpace 6, and resulting in a lean, responsive, next-generation repository.
The preview release provides a first look at many of the new features that make DSpace 7 the largest development effort in the history of the platform:
– New Angular UI that is modern, responsive, and built using a Bootstrap theme for easy customization.
– A completely redesigned REST API that is self-documenting and human browsable.
– Redesigned submissions and workflows featuring a one page submission process with a drag-and-drop interface, and automatic metadata extraction from common formats like PDFs.
– Configurable entities, an optional new item type inspired by the DSpace-CRIS project that allows for complex linked relationships between items, implementing two use cases: Journal Hierarchy and Faculty & Organizational Units.
4Science is a major creator of this new version, together with other contributors in the community.
Details on DSpace 7, how to test it and how to contribute to the community, on the DuraSpace site: